The race to get Marshmallow out onto devices is on – but when will your Samsung phone get the new software?
While we don’t know anything for sure, a claimed Samsung Android 6.0 Marshmallow rollout roadmap has been leaked to the web, courtesy of Times News.
The leak reveals what look to be dates for when specific handsets will get the update to Google’s latest mobile operating system.
Here are the claimed dates:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 – December 2015
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ – December 2015
- Samsung Galaxy S6 – January 2016
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge – January 2016
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – February 2016
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge – February 2016
- Samsung Galaxy S5 – N/A – 'waiting approval'
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha – N/A – 'waiting approval
Those handsets are part of what’s described as the ‘Phase 1’ rollout.
There’s also a ‘Phase 2’ rollout that includes a number of other handsets, although an ETA isn’t listed because the devices are ‘waiting approval’.
The handsets in question are:
- Samsung Galaxy A8
- Samsung Galaxy A7
- Samsung Galaxy A5
- Samsung Galaxy A3
- Samsung Galaxy E7
- Samsung Galaxy E5
Unfortunately, we’ll have to wait for official word from Samsung before we can say for sure when specific devices will receive an update.
Are you still waiting for the Marshmallow update? Let us know in the comments.
Check out our Android Marshmallow features video guide below: