Final Fantasy 15: Royal Edition is an enhanced version of the hugely popular JRPG with all new content and enhancements.
The upcoming release will include all pre-existing downloadable content alongside a bunch of new features when it launches on March 6.
This will also see the release of Final Fantasy 15’s long-awaited PC version which will be capable of achieving higher performance and resolutions than its console counterpart.
Related: Best RPGs
Square Enix detailed all of the new content coming to Royal Edition in a recent press release. The enhanced release will include new trophies, dungeons and more:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
Related: Upcoming PS4 Games
A benchmarking tool will be available on PC from February 1 which should help players determine if their machine is capable of running Final Fantasy 15 without any issues.
Final Fantasy 15 has received a significant number of updates since its initial release in November 2016. Square Enix has reworked major sections of the game following fan complaints while also refining the general experience.
Players who already own all of Final Fantasy 15’s previously released DLC can purchase the Royal Edition content digitally at an additional cost. Coming in at $19.99 in North America, a UK price is yet to be confirmed.
Related: Best Xbox One Games
Will you be picking up the Royal Edition? Let us know on Facebook and Twitter @trustedreviews!