2K and Hanger 13 have revealed the full licensed soundtrack for Mafia 3, featuring the likes of Johnny Cash, The Rolling Stones and more.
Taking place during the late 1960s in the crime-ridden city of New Bordeaux, Mafia 3 is the latest entry in the acclaimed crime franchise.
It appears the violent adventure is aiming for a musical vibe that reflects its archaic setting, featuring some iconic and memorable tunes from the era.
“Mafia III will treat players to an incredible soundtrack of more than 100 licensed songs from an iconic era in music,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “I’m confident that the rich canvas of nostalgic artists and songs that defined the 1960s will further connect players to the immersive open world of 1968 New Bordeaux.”
Related: Final Fantasy 15 Preview
You can check out some highlights from the soundtrack below, or a more comprehensive track listing here.
- The Rolling Stones: “Paint it, Black,” “Sympathy for the Devil” and more;
- Creedence Clearwater Revival: “Bad Moon Rising,” “Fortunate Son” and more;
- Sam and Dave: “Soul Man” and “Hold on, I’m Comin’”;
- Steppenwolf: “Born To Be Wild” and ”Desperation”;
- Aretha Franklin: “Respect” and ”Chain of Fools”;
- Jefferson Airplane: “Somebody To Love” and “White Rabbit”;
- Sam Cooke: “Wonderful World,” “Bring it on Home to Me” and more;
- The Temptations: “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” and ”I Wish It Would Rain”;
- Cream: “White Room”;
- Johnny Cash: “Ring Of Fire” and “Folsom Prison Blues (Live)”;
- The Beach Boys: “Help Me, Rhonda” and “Wouldn’t it be Nice”
The Mafia 3 Collector’s Edition will include the official soundtrack and original score on 180 gram vinyl alongside plenty of other physical and digital goodies such as a collectible art book and in-game items.
Mafia 3 is set to launch on October 7, 2016 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
For more info, be sure to check out our hub page.