THQ Nordic has announced a Remastered, sorry, Re-Mars-Tered Edition of the cult classic last-gen title Red Faction: Guerrilla.
The 2009 third-person shooter will be reprised for Xbox One, PS4 and PC at some point before the end of June.
It’ll arrive with native 4K visuals, improved lighting and shadow rendering and, the developer says, a full reworking of the graphics.
Related: Best PS4 games 2018
This is important given many of the original reviews criticised the bland visuals. It’ll also be optimised for the Xbox One X console.
Gamers will be invited to survive Mars ‘with the aid of a sledgehammer’, but it’s not clear yet whether this edition will have access to all of the original’s DLC.
Here are the features THQ Nordic is promising:
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
Has this news made your Thursday? Drop us a line @TrustedReviews on Twitter.