The upcoming patch for Mass Effect Andromeda will address character animations, loading times and more, Bioware has confirmed.
Coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC on Thursday, April 6, the update is intended as the first of many to fix Andromeda’s more noticeable flaws.
In regards to animations, Bioware has improved “the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters” which previously gave off an almost dead look during dialogue scenes.
Players will also no longer have to endure the lengthy transition sequence when navigating planets on the galaxy map, saving you plenty of time in the long run.
Related: Dirt 4 Preview
Ryder’s movement will now be smoother when running around the environment, ensuring for a far less clumsy experience.
You can find the full list of forthcoming fixes in the patch notes below:
- Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
- Increasing the inventory limits
- Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
- Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
- Improving localized voice over lip sync
- Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
- Improved tutorial placement
- Single-player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
- Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO
- Fixed various collision issues
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
- Fixes issues related to some saves
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
- Streaming and stability improvements
Bioware has also announced some of the issues it aims to tackle in future updates, including improvements to the character creator, gay romance options and trans-character dialogue.
- More options and variety in the character creator
- Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
- Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
- Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
- Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
Watch: Mass Effect Andromeda Review
Have you been enjoying Mass Effect Andromeda? Let us know in the comments.