Bethesda has released the third and final DLC for DOOM’s multiplayer: Bloodfall.
The update adds new maps, weapons, and armour, all of which are available in multiplayer mode starting today. The Bloodfall DLC is available across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, and will set you back £11.99 in the UK, 14.99 euros in Europe, or $14.99 in the USA. Alternatively, it’s free of charge if you already have the DOOM Season Pass.
In celebration of Bloodfall’s launch, Bethesda has also announced a Double XP weekend that will last from today right up until Monday, December 19.
Check out Bloodfall’s launch video below, or read on for full details about the new update:
Here’s what the update includes:
Bethesda has added three new maps to the game, described as follows:
- Empyrian – Fight in an ageless colosseum held aloft by opposing energies, as the gilded battlements slowly crumble
- Boneyard – Battle in the outer realm of Hell, where the landscape is made entirely of demon flesh, teeth and bone
- Outbreak – Engage in intense combat throughout a UAC facility transformed after underworldly science breaks free from containment
There’s now a grenade launcher, because why the hell not? According to Bethesda, you’ll be able to use the UAC-banned weapon to bounce grenades off walls and deal area-of-affect damage.
There’s also a secondary fire function that lets you detonate a smoke grenade, helpfully concealing your position from baddies.
Bethesda has also added a new playable demon to the game – ‘Spectre Pinky’. You’ll be able to use the fast (and heavily armoured) Pinky demon to stalk enemies with an invisibility ability, as well as bull rush foes for maximum carnage.
New hack modules
There are now three new hack modules, as follows:
- Extra Protection – Gain extra armour per health pickup
- Augmented Healing – Gain extra health per health pickup
- Glory Sight – Highlight enemies that can be Glory Killed from farther away
There’s also a new piece of equipment: the Lateral Thrusters. These let you dodge enemy fire using short directional movement boosts, and give you a third mid-air jump to boot.
Finally, you’ll be able to try the following four new Cultist themed armour sets on for size too:
Related: PS4 Pro vs PS4
Watch: DOOM multiplayer first impressions
What do you think of DOOM (2016)? Let us know in the comments.