Amazon Prime members across the US will be able to save money and access exclusive deals at Whole Foods grocery stores, from later this week.
The scheme offers an additional 10% off sale items identified by yellow signs (excluding alcohol), while blue sticker items identify Prime Member Deals.
Since purchasing Whole Foods last year Amazon has been slowly trialling the discounts in certain states, but they’ll be available nationwide from June 27.
Related: When is Amazon Prime Day?
All Prime members need to do is download the Whole Foods app for iOS, Android and sign into their Amazon account. Then, at check out, it’s just a case of scanning the QR code within the app to get the requisite discount.
Here’s the first crop of Prime-exclusive deals for customers across the US:
- Baby back pork ribs, animal welfare rated and no antibiotics, $4.99/lb., save $5/lb.
- Sockeye salmon, wild caught Marine Stewardship Council-certified, $13.99/lb., save $6/lb.
- Organic red cherries, $3.99/lb., save $2/lb.
- Organic yellow peaches, $1.99/lb., save $2/lb.
- Mochi ice cream, including flavors like chocolate, salted caramel, and green tea, self-serve, 5/$5
- All bulk items, including favorites like nuts, granola, dried fruit, and hundreds more, 25 percent off
Organic Honest Lemonade, 32 oz., 2/$3.
- Plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items throughout the store
In some territories, Prime users can also get free two-hour delivery of their groceries. However, you’ll need to live in Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Cincinnati, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Richmond, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco or Virginia Beach to access those deals.
For regular Whole Foods shoppers, the discounts should go a long way towards paying for the $119 a year Amazon Prime fee, which recently went up $20.
Will this initiative give you the incentive to re-up your Amazon Prime subscription despite the recent price hike? Will you do more shopping at Whole Foods as a result? Drop us a line @TrustedReviews on Twitter.