The infamous car combat franchise is crashing onto PS4 and Xbox One later this year with Carmageddon: Max Damage.
Developed by Stainless Games, Carmageddon: Max Damage will offer an “over-the-top” experience with all new features and modes.
“Set in a world of over-the-top violence, crazy PowerUps and non-stop laughs, you play against a bunch of complete crazies in twisted automotive killing machines whose aim is purely to maim you,” the developer said in its announcement. “It’s the racing game where racing is for wimps.”
Related: PS4 vs Xbox One
The developer has also confirmed that PC players who purchased Carmageddon: Reincarnation will receive a free copy of Max Damage later this year.
Stainless Games has released a long list detailing the game’s new features and modes.
- Over 30 cool custom killing machines, each with their own highly distinctive character
- 10 large open environments to explore
- A host of moving targets to hunt down for points, including pedestrians in wheelchairs & mobility scooters, cyclists, bears and aliens
- Career mode with 6 different event types
- Multiplayer with 4 online event types
- Fully featured action replay mode; to relive all the action again from any perspective.
- Over 90 crazy PowerUps, complex car damage and repair system, blood, laughs and much, much more.
The original Carmageddon was banned in the UK when it first launched in 1997. It was only approved for release after all of the game’s pedestrians were replaced with generic zombies.
The BBFC is slightly more relaxed nowadays, so expect Max Damage to be filled with ultra-violence.