Titanfall 2’s first piece of free downloadable content will launch next week in the form of Angel City’s Most Wanted, Respawn has announced.
Those who pre-ordered the game will gain access to the content via a free update on November 30, while everyone else has to wait until December 3.
The highlight of this content drop is easily Angel City, a complete remake of one of the original Titanfall’s fan favourite maps.
In addition to this free map, the update will give you a few new goodies to kit out your Titan with:
- Ion: Refraction Lens – Splitter Rifle splits five ways
- Scorch: Scorched Earth – Flame Core ignites the ground, leaving thermite in its wake
- Northstar: Threat Optics – Enemies are highlighted while zooming in
- Tone: Burst Loader – Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to three shots to burst fire
- Legion: Hidden Compartment – Power Shot has two charges
- Ronin: Phase Reflex – When doomed, Ronin phases out of danger
See also: Best Black Friday Deals UK
The latest update will also see the introduction of an improved stats screen and in-game store.
Respawn has noted that the introduction of microtransactions is purely cosmetic, and won’t impact gameplay in any significant way.
“We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it.”
“All maps, modes, weapons – anything that has effect on gameplay – will be free for all players that bought Titanfall 2. We believe that in order to maintain a healthy community we shouldn’t be segmenting players behind paywalls for these things,” the developer explained.
Related: Planet Coaster Review
With any luck, the steady release of free content will help increase the playerbase of Titanfall 2, which has proven to be quite underwhelming since launch.
Despite this, we absolutely adored Titanfall 2, scoring it 9/10 in our review. It’s certainly one of the best shooters to come out this year.