Shovel Knight has been confirmed as the very first third-party Amiibo, and is coming this November.
Yacht Club Games’ Shovel Knight is getting the Amiibo treatment, the developer has officially confirmed.
Shovel Knight will be joining the prestigious line up of Nintendo’s collectible NFC figures this November.
The Amiibo was first announced by UK retailer GAME on its Brighton store’s twitter account, but the tweet has since been deleted.
Developer Yacht Club Games went into more detail on the specific features of the Amiibo on their website:
Cooperative Multiplayer (exclusive to Wii U)!
• Join a friend’s Shovel Knight campaign and shovel together!
• Use new cooperative moves to help each other out along the way!
• Level up by defeating enemies and finding treasure!
• Earn all-new relics, abilities, and powers you never thought possible!
• Customize the look of your Shovel Knight with cool and crazy cosmetic options!
• Use your custom amiibo seamlessly between 3DS and Wii U!
Exclusive Challenge Stages!
• Battle your way through amiibo exclusive challenge stages that take advantage of the new amiibo relics and abilities!
One amiibo, multiple games
• We plan to continue support of the Shovel Knight amiibo in future Yacht Club Games and Nintendo products! Stay tuned to amiibo.com for compatibility details in new games.
Related: Best Wii U Games 2015
It’s exciting to note that the Amiibo will be compatible with future titles from Yacht Club Games, but also makes us wonder if they may be working on games exclusive to Nintendo platforms.
A physical version of Shovel Knight is coming to Europe on October 16. The disc-based release will retail for £20 and is coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC, Wii U and 3DS.
The Shovel Knight Amiibo will be available from November 27 in Europe.
Now, when is he coming to Super Smash Bros?