Lenovo is planning an imminent launch for 2016’s rumoured Motorola Moto G, a new report claims.
The handset – a sequel to last year’s third-gen Moto G – is said to be scheduled for a June 9 reveal, according to GizmoChina.
The China-based news outlet reports the following:
“Yang Yuanqing, Lenovo’s CEO, said Motorola will be released a new device on June 9, but the model name and other details have not been revealed yet. Mr Yang added that the new product will be nothing less than ‘exciting’.”
The CEO reportedly made the claims at the company’s launch of the Zuk Z2 Pro smartphone in Beijing today. While Yuanqing didn’t specifically mention the Moto G, the handset has been heavily rumoured to launch very soon.
The Motorola Moto G (2015)
What’s more, we’re now 10 months on from last year’s Moto G release, which suggests that the launch of a successor should be coming up.
We contacted Motorola's press team, and were told that while they are "unable to comment on future plans", they will look into whether Yuanqing actually made the comments reported in GizmoChina's article. We'll update this article with any further response.
Related: Best Android Smartphones 2016
The third-generation Moto G was released on July 28, 2015, and shipped with a 5-inch HD display, a Snapdragon 410 processor, and a 13-megapixel camera.
The phone is currently available to buy direct from Motorola for £149 – similar pricing is expected for the sequel.
Motorola Shattershield Drop Test:
What would you like to see from a new Motorola smartphone? Let us know in the comments.