- Page 1 Sony NEX-5
- Page 2 Design and Features 1
- Page 3 Design and Features 2
- Page 4 Performance and Results
- Page 5 Features Table
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail And Lens Performance
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
”Here are some general test shots to help evaluate the camera’s overall image quality, including dynamic range, colour rendition and the zoom range of the lens. Some pictures may be clicked to download the full size original image. ”
The exposure system copes well with a bright back-lit scene.
Colour rendition is superb, rich and well saturated but with plenty of detail.
The tilting monitor is good for shooting over the guy in front of you, as you can tell from my shadow in this pic.
Another high-contrast back-lit scene, with good highlight and shadow detail thanks to the Dynamic Range Optimiser feature.
This was shot hand-held with an exposure of one second.
The NEX-5 encourages creative photography.
The fast AF system copes with sudden action.
Score in detail
Image Quality 9
Build Quality 10