- Page 1 Sony Alpha A900 Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Sony Alpha A900 digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Sony Alpha A900 digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Sony Alpha A900 digital SLR Review
- Page 5 Features Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail and Lens Performance Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image. ”
Here’s my usual DSLR test shot of the semi-tropical paradise of Sidmouth. Unfortunately I was not able to include a downloadable full-size version, since at around 13MB it would have overloaded our bandwidth.
Here’s a full-scale crop from the above image. Compare this with the similar shot from the EOS 5D MkII.
With the Dynamic Range Optimiser set on Advanced Auto, the results are very good, reminiscent of good slide film. This street was mostly in deep shadow, while the further walls were brightly lit.
The fast AF system, built-in image stabilisation and a 500mm f/8 reflex lens make the A900 a good choice for bird and wildlife photography.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.