- Page 1 Sony Alpha A700 Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Sony Alpha A700 Digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Sony Alpha A700 Digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Sony Alpha A700 Digital SLR Review
- Page 5 Features table Review
- Page 6 Test shots – ISO performance Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 8 Test shots – Exposure evaluation Review
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image.”
As you can see there isn’t a big gain in overall detail going from 10 to 12 megapixels, but the overall quality is superb.
Using the Carl Zeiss T* 16-80mm lens, the edge-to-edge detail is superb, and the Dynamic Range Optimiser (DRO) has ensured a good balance between highlight and shadow.
This is a crop from the centre of the above image.
Edge detail is just as good.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.