- Page 1 Sony Alpha a100 Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Sony Alpha a100 Review
- Page 3 Sony Alpha a100 Review
- Page 4 Sony Alpha a100 Review
- Page 5 Feature Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 10 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
A range of test shots are shown over the next three pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality. The following pages consist of resized images so that you can evaluate the overall exposure. For those with a dial-up connection, please be patient while the pages download.
1/100th sec, f6.3, ISO 100
These two old Berber women seem pretty happy. I’m not sure what she’s mixing up in that mortar, but I’ll have a tenners worth.
1/125th sec, f6.3, ISO 200
A slight shift in the metering has made this shot a lot lighter, but it is still just as smooth as the 100 ISO shot.
1/160th sec, f7.1, ISO 400
At 400 ISO some colour speckling is starting to appear in the darker areas, but the overall colour rendition is still very good.
1/250th sec, f8.0, ISO 800
At 800 ISO there is quite a bit of noise across the whole image, and a lot of speckling in the darker areas. Some contrast has been lost.
1/640th sec, f8.0, ISO 1600
At 1600 ISO the image is quite noisy despite the very fast shutter speed. It’s no worse than most of its rivals though.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.