- Page 1 SanDisk Extreme IV 2GB CF Card/Reader Bundle Review
- Page 2 SanDisk Extreme IV CF card/reader bundle Review
- Page 3 Performance Results Review
- Page 4 Test Protocols and Notes Review
”’Card Reader Tests for 2GB Sandisk Extreme IV CF card”’
SanDisk ImageMate 8-in-1 USB2.0 (model number: SDDR-88)
SanDisk Extreme FireWire CF card reader (model number: SDDRX4-CF)
• Format in camera
• Reboot PC
• Write: 1.01GB consisting of 203 JPEG images in one folder copied to card (record time)
• Unplug reader and reboot
• Reconnect reader, place card back in
• Read: 1.01GB consisting of 203 JPEG images in one folder copied to PC (record time)
”’Camera Write Test”’
To calculate the write speed in the Canon EOS-1D Mark II and Canon EOS 5D a continuous burst (8.5fps in the 1D and 3fps in the 5D) of Large JPEG images (highest quality) was used to capture a standardised scene. The stopwatch was started when the camera’s card access lamp lit up and then stopped when it went out. The total MB of the images captured was summed and divided by the time recorded. The following protocol was used:
• Format in Camera
• Write: continuous burst of JPEG images capturing a standardised scene. (record time and total MB written)
All tests were repeated and an average taken. The PC is rebooted and the reader unplugged between tests to ensure the PC does not cache the test files. Anti-virus software was also disabled.
PC system: Intel P4 3.4GHz with HT; 1.5GB DDR2 533 RAM (Dual Channel); Intel D925XCV motherboard with onboard FireWire 400; 7,200rpm, 8MB cache SATA hard drive; 128MB nVidia GeForce 6600GT PCIe; Windows XP Pro SP2.
Canon EOS-1D Mark II: Firmware version 1.2.4; ISO 640; JPEG quality 10; Auto White Balance; Picture review off; Noise reduction off; Sharpening level 3.
Canon EOS 5D: Firmware version 1.1.0; ISO 640; JPEG quality Large/Fine; Auto White Balance; Picture review off; Picture Style:Standard.
”The tests carried out in this article reflect the performance of each card as used with the stated data types, card readers, computer system, and cameras. The performance is subject to the equipment used.”
Score in detail
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.