- Page 1 Pentax Optio WPi – Waterproof Camera Review
- Page 2 Pentax Optio WPi Review
- Page 3 Pentax Optio WPi Review
- Page 4 Pentax Optio WPi Review
- Page 5 Feature Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
A range of test shots are shown over the next few pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality. The following pages consist of resized images so that you can evaluate the overall exposure. For those with a dial-up connection, please be patient while the pages download.
These ISO test shots were taken indoors using low powered domestic tungsten lighting, with preset tungsten white balance. And the frog is called Frank.
1/6th sec at f3.3. At the minimum ISO setting of 50, there is no real image noise and colours are smooth and even.
1/8th sec at f3.3. At 100 ISO the colours are fractionally less smooth, but there is still no real image noise.
1/15th at f3.3. At 200 ISO there is now image noise visible, but colours are still fairly smooth, although under-saturated.
1/30th sec at f3.3. At 400 ISO there is a good deal of image noise and colour speckling, but it is fairly even and the image is not completely ruined.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.