- Page 1 Pentax K100D Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Pentax K100D Review
- Page 3 Pentax K100D Review
- Page 4 Pentax K100D Review
- Page 5 Feature Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 8 Pentax Shake Reduction Review
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
A range of test shots are shown over the next few pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality.
1/125th, f/6.7, ISO 200
The K100D’s minimum ISO setting of 200 produces a nice noise-free shot at a reasonable shutter speed.
1/80th, f/8, ISO 400
At 400 ISO the image is still perfectly noise free, with good colour and contrast.
1/350th, f/9.5, ISO 800
At 800 ISO there is a slight hint of colour speckling in the dark and mid-tone areas, but the image is still quite usable.
1/500th, f/9.5, ISO 1600
At 1600 ISO there is slightly more visible noise than at 800, but still surprisingly little. Again the image is printable.
1/1000th, f/11, ISO 3200
At 3200 ISO the image is showing a lot of noise and colour distortion, although overall detail is still good. Could be used in emergencies, but best avoided.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test each product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare things properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.