- Page 1 Pentax K100D Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Pentax K100D Review
- Page 3 Pentax K100D Review
- Page 4 Pentax K100D Review
- Page 5 Feature Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 8 Pentax Shake Reduction Review
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
This page consists of resized images so that you can evaluate the overall exposure.
Despite the overcast conditions, the K100D has produced a nicely balanced shot with good contrast and very natural colour balance.
Shooting into the sun can be a problem, but the K100D’s 16-point metering system has coped perfectly. The 2:3 aspect ratio is the same as a 35mm film SLR.
The SMC Pentax DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 kit lens is very good, producing excellent edge-to-edge sharpness and minimal distortion even at the widest end.
Score in detail
Image Quality 9
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.