- Page 1 Pentax K100D Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Pentax K100D Review
- Page 3 Pentax K100D Review
- Page 4 Pentax K100D Review
- Page 5 Feature Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 8 Pentax Shake Reduction Review
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
Since the Pentax Shake Reduction system is new and untried, I took a series of hand-held test shots at a range of low shutter speeds to see how it coped. These shots were all taken at a focal length of 55mm, so the recommended safe shooting speed would be at least 1/60th of a second.
One stop below the recommended speed at 1/30th, and there is a tiny hint of movement blur. Nothing to worry about really.
More than 2 stops below the recommended speed at 1/10th, and if anything this shot is sharper than the last one.
More than 3 stops below the recommended speed at 1/6th, and this shot is nice and sharp. Two others at this speed were shake-blurred though.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test each product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare things properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.