- Page 1 Pentax *ist DL2 Digital SLR
- Page 2 Pentax *ist DL2 Digital SLR
- Page 3 Pentax *ist DL2 Digital SLR
- Page 4 Pentax *ist DL2 Digital SLR
- Page 5 Feature Table
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
With a good telephoto lens the DL2 becomes a good long-range spotting camera, and is light enough to carry anywhere. This was taken using a 300mm lens.
The 18-55mm lens supplied with the kit is roughly equivalent to 28-70mm on a film camera. The telephoto end is a bit short, but the lens is exceptionally sharp and detailed.
The 28mm end is wider than most compacts, and is great for big panorama shots. Even at its widest setting it provides excellent edge-to-edge sharpness.
With no selectable focus point, close-up photography can be a bit hit-or-miss. It took five tries to get this, and it’s still not perfect.