- Page 1 Pentax *ist DL2 Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Pentax *ist DL2 Digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Pentax *ist DL2 Digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Pentax *ist DL2 Digital SLR Review
- Page 5 Feature Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
With a good telephoto lens the DL2 becomes a good long-range spotting camera, and is light enough to carry anywhere. This was taken using a 300mm lens.
The 18-55mm lens supplied with the kit is roughly equivalent to 28-70mm on a film camera. The telephoto end is a bit short, but the lens is exceptionally sharp and detailed.
The 28mm end is wider than most compacts, and is great for big panorama shots. Even at its widest setting it provides excellent edge-to-edge sharpness.
With no selectable focus point, close-up photography can be a bit hit-or-miss. It took five tries to get this, and it’s still not perfect.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.