- Page 1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
- Page 2 Design and Features 1
- Page 3 Design and Features 2
- Page 4 Performance and Results
- Page 5 Features Table
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail and Lens Performance
- Page 8 Test Shots – Zoom, Contrast and Colour
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image. ”
Here’s the usual detail test shot of the West Window of Exeter Cathedral, for you to compare with other cameras. See below for a full res crop, or click to see the whole picture. File size 4.4MB
The level of detail is outstanding, even though the 90mm-equivalent focal length doesn’t zoom in quite as far as most other compacts.
The Leica-branded lens produces very little barrel distortion at wide angle.
Centre sharpness is as good as ever.
Corner sharpness is also superb.