- Page 1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ45
- Page 2 Design and Features 1
- Page 3 Design and Features 2
- Page 4 Performance and Results
- Page 5 Features Table
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail And Lens Performance
- Page 8 Test Shots – Zoom, Contrast and Colour
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image. ”
Here’s the usual detail test shot of the West Window of Exeter Cathedral, for you to compare with other cameras. See below for a full res crop, or click to see the whole picture. File size 5.3MB
The level of fine detail is comparable to a good digital SLR.
The Leica-branded lens produces almost no barrel distortion even at 25mm.
Centre sharpness is excellent.
Corner sharpness is also very good, with minimal blurring and no chromatic aberration.