- Page 1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100
- Page 2 Design and Features
- Page 3 Performance and Results
- Page 4 Features Table
- Page 5 Test Shots – ISO Performance
- Page 6 Test Shots – Detail And Lens Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Zoom, Contrast and Colour
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image. ”
Here’s the usual detail test shot of the West Window of Exeter Cathedral, for you to compare with other cameras. See below for a full res crop, or click to see the whole picture. File size 5.3MB
While the level of detail is high, but artefacts from image compression and noise reduction have spoiled the image quality.
The big lens is very high quality, with minimal optical distortion at wide angle.
Centre sharpness is excellent.
Corner sharpness is also good, but there is quite a bit of chromatic aberration.