- Page 1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX700
- Page 2 Design and Features
- Page 3 Performance and Results
- Page 4 Features Table
- Page 5 Test Shots ISO Performance
- Page 6 Test Shots – Detail and Lens Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Zoom, Colour and Contrast
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image.”
Here’s the usual detail test shot of the West Window of Exeter Cathedral, for you to compare with other cameras. See below for a full res crop, or click to see the whole picture. File size 5.4MB.
The lens and sensor capture plenty of detail, but the image looks a little over-processed.
The lens does produce some barrel distortion at wide angle.
Centre sharpness is excellent.
Corner sharpness is also better than average, with barely any chromatic aberration.