- Page 1 Panasonic DMC-L1 Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Panasonic DMC-L1 Review
- Page 3 Panasonic DMC-L1 Review
- Page 4 Panasonic DMC-L1 Review
- Page 5 Feature Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
A range of test shots are shown over the next few pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality. The following pages consist of resized images so that you can evaluate the overall exposure. For those with a dial-up connection, please be patient while the pages download.
This is a shot I’ve used in many camera reviews for evaluating detail. If you can see the anti-bird netting it’s doing well.
A 100 percent crop of the above image, showing the level of fine detail in the centre of the frame. Compare this with the similar shot in the review of the sub-£400 6MP Pentax K100D.
Considering the price of the kit and the bulletproof reputation of Leica optics, I wasn’t expecting to see significant barrel distortion at the widest angle setting.
I also wasn’t expecting to see (admittedly slight) corner softness and purple fringes.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.