- Page 1 Panasonic DMC-L1 Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Panasonic DMC-L1 Review
- Page 3 Panasonic DMC-L1 Review
- Page 4 Panasonic DMC-L1 Review
- Page 5 Feature Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
A range of test shots are shown over the next few pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality.
1/50th, f/4, ISO 100
At the minimum ISO setting the picture is silky smooth with no noise, as you’d expect.
1/60th, f/5, ISO 200
At 200 ISO there is still no image noise.
1/125th, f/5.6, ISO 400
Up to 400 ISO and already there is visible noise in the darker areas of the image.
1/160th, f/6.3, ISO 800
At 800 ISO the image noise is now quite significant, but the image is just about usable.
1/200th, f/8, ISO 1600
At the maximum 1600 ISO the image noise is now so bad that the shot is effectively unusable.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.