- Page 1 Panasonic DMC-L1 Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Panasonic DMC-L1 Review
- Page 3 Panasonic DMC-L1 Review
- Page 4 Panasonic DMC-L1 Review
- Page 5 Feature Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
A range of test shots are shown over the next few pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality.
1/50th, f/4, ISO 100
At the minimum ISO setting the picture is silky smooth with no noise, as you’d expect.
1/60th, f/5, ISO 200
At 200 ISO there is still no image noise.
1/125th, f/5.6, ISO 400
Up to 400 ISO and already there is visible noise in the darker areas of the image.
1/160th, f/6.3, ISO 800
At 800 ISO the image noise is now quite significant, but the image is just about usable.
1/200th, f/8, ISO 1600
At the maximum 1600 ISO the image noise is now so bad that the shot is effectively unusable.