- Page 1 Olympus Pen E-PL1 Review
- Page 2 Design and Features 1 Review
- Page 3 Design and Features 2 Review
- Page 4 Performance and Results Review
- Page 5 Features Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail And Lens Performance Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
”Over the next few pages we show a range of test shots. On this page the full size image at the minimum and maximum ISO settings have been reduced to let you see the full image, and a series of full resolution crops have taken from original images at a range of ISO settings to show the overall image quality. These pictures were taken indoors using shaded natural light. ”
This is the full frame at minimum ISO.
Image quality at the minimum 100 ISO is superb.
Still no real problems at 200 ISO.
Colour saturation is slightly reduced at 400 ISO, but there is still no noise.
Noise reduction effects are visible at 800 ISO, but overall quality is still very good.
Noise is visible at 1600 ISO, but the image is still printable.
At the maximum 3200 ISO noise is becoming a problem, but it would still be acceptable for smaller image.
This is the full frame at maximum ISO.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.