- Page 1 Olympus Pen E-PL1 Review
- Page 2 Design and Features 1 Review
- Page 3 Design and Features 2 Review
- Page 4 Performance and Results Review
- Page 5 Features Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail And Lens Performance Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
”Here are some general test shots to help evaluate the camera’s overall image quality, including dynamic range, colour rendition and the zoom range of the lens. Some pictures may be clicked to download the full size original image.”
This is the 14mm wide angle end of the lens.
This is the 42mm long end of the lens from the same spot.
Dynamic range is much better than any small-sensor compact, with good highlight and shadow detail.
Colour reproduction is good despite the overcast conditions.
Score in detail
Image Quality 9
Build Quality 8
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.