- Page 1 Olympus Pen E-PL1 Review
- Page 2 Design and Features 1 Review
- Page 3 Design and Features 2 Review
- Page 4 Performance and Results Review
- Page 5 Features Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail And Lens Performance Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image. ”
Since the E-PL1 is more like a compact than a DSLR I’ve used my usual detail test shot of the West Window of Exeter Cathedral, for you to compare with other cameras. See below for a full res crop, or click to see the whole picture. File size 5.9MB.
The picture quality from the 12.3MP Four-Thirds sensor is superb, with tons of fine detail and no compression problems.
The kit lens produces almost no barrel distortion at wide angle.
Centre sharpness is excellent.
Corner sharpness is also very good, with no blurring and only a hint of chromatic aberration.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test each product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare things properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.