- Page 1 Olympus mju 1000 10MP Compact Camera Review
- Page 2 Olympus mju 1000 Review
- Page 3 Olympus mju 1000 Review
- Page 4 Feature Table Review
- Page 5 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
This page consists of resized images so that you can evaluate the overall exposure.
The 3x zoom lens on the mju 1000 has a wide end equivalent to 35mm, which is better than average for a compact. Note also that despite shooting into the sun, the exposure system has retained plenty of shadow detail. And yes, that boat on the left has sunk.
Taken from the same spot as the shot above, this shows the effect of the telephoto end of the zoom range, equivalent to 105mm. The auto ISO has set itself to 125, and there is some image noise, as well as blue fringes in the top left corner.
This is a 100 per cent crop of the top left of the previous image, showing more clearly the blue fringes, caused by the photosensors in the overpowered CCD being overloaded and leaking charge.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.