- Page 1 Olympus E-510 Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Olympus E-510 Digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Olympus E-510 Digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Olympus E-510 Digital SLR Review
- Page 5 Features table Review
- Page 6 Test shots – ISO performance Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image.”
Fortunately my usual DSLR comparison shot was the only image whose JPEG file was under 5MB, which is our download limit. Click on the image above to view it full size, or see the crop below. Compare this with similar shots from my other 10MP DSLR reviews.
This is a full-res crop from the above image.
I tested the E-510 at the South West Mountain Board centre, near Bideford in Devon. They were desperately trying to dry the muddy track for a big event later that evening.
This is a corner crop from the frame above, showing the sharp corner detail at wide angle.
The AF system is amazingly quick, easily able to capture spur-of-the-moment action shots.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.