- Page 1 Nikon D90 digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Nikon D90 digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Nikon D90 digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Nikon D90 digital SLR Review
- Page 5 Features Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail and lens performance Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
”Over the next few pages we show a range of test shots. On this page the full size image at the minimum and maximum ISO settings have been reduced to let you see the full image, and a series of full resolution crops have taken from original images at a range of ISO settings to show the overall image quality. These ISO test images are shot indoors using reflected natural light for maximum consistency. ”
Theis is the full frame at 100 ISO.
At the lowest ISO setting, images are clear, sharp and noise-free.
A little image noise is visible at 200 ISO, and the exposure meter has under-exposed the shot by around one stop.
Slightly more noise is visible at 400 ISO.
The red channel is starting to look very blotchy at 800 ISO.
Noise is becoming a problem at 1600 ISO.
3200 ISO is normally the maximum setting.
6400 ISO is available in extended mode.
This is the full frame at 6400 ISO.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.