- Page 1 Nikon D3x Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Nikon D3x Digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Nikon D3x Digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Nikon D3x Digital SLR Review
- Page 5 Features Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
”Over the next few pages we show a range of test shots. On this page the full size image at the minimum and maximum ISO settings have been reduced to let you see the full image, and a series of full resolution crops have taken from original images at a range of ISO settings to show the overall image quality. These pictures were taken indoors using reflected natural light. ”
The Nikon D3x can shoot from the equivalent of 50 ISO up to 6400 in extended mode, but I’ve only included the normal full-EV values here for the sake of brevity.
This is the full frame at 100 ISO.
At 100 ISO the image quality is simply flawless.
No problems at all at 200 ISO.
Still no noise at 400 ISO, although the tonal gradation in the red channel isn’t as smooth as it could be.
There is a faint blurring of fine detail at 800 ISO, as well as some very fine mid-tone noise, but overall picture quality is still fantastic.
At 1600 ISO there is visible noise grain, but colour rendition is near-perfect and tonal gradients are smooth.
This is the full frame at 1600 ISO.