- Page 1 Nikon D3x Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Nikon D3x Digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Nikon D3x Digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Nikon D3x Digital SLR Review
- Page 5 Features Table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. Unfortunately there are no full-size downloadable pictures today, because the huge file sizes from this 24.5MP monster would trash our bandwidth. ”
Subtle colour variations are captured smoothly.
Exposure metering is extremely reliable.
The D3x also has a handy optional time-travel feature, very useful if you’re on a tight deadline, but be careful when setting it up because it’s quite fiddly, and it’s very easy to overshoot by a few millennia.
Fortunately the D3x’s battery duration is excellent, because I don’t think they had anywhere to plug the charger in. This shot was taken at 6400 ISO in near darkness.
While wandering about in the early iron age I bumped into one of my own distant ancestors. Luckily I was able to resist the temptation to kill him just to see what sort of temporal paradox would result. This was also shot at 6400 ISO in near darkness.
Score in detail
Image Quality 10
Build Quality 10
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.