- Page 1 Nikon D300s Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Nikon D300s Review
- Page 3 Nikon D300s Review
- Page 4 Features Table Review
- Page 5 Test Shots – ISO Performance Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Detail and Contrast Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image. ”
Here’s the usual test shot of Sidmouth sea front for you to compare with other similar cameras.
As you can see the level of detail is excellent, at least as good as any other 12MP camera, such as the Sony Alpha A700.
Here’s the detail shot I usually use in compact camera reviews, just for the sake of comparison.
This was shot with the Active D-Lighting feature turned off.
This was shot with Active D-Lighting set to medium.
This was shot with Active D-Lighting set to Extra High. It gives an almost HDR-like effect.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.