- Page 1 Nikon D300 Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Nikon D300 Digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Nikon D300 Digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Nikon D300 Digital SLR Review
- Page 5 Features table Review
- Page 6 Test shots – ISO performance Review
- Page 7 Test shots – Detail and contrast Review
- Page 8 Test shots – Exposure evaluation Review
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image.”
The complex AF system and 1005-point metering have made a good job of this close up.
The 17-55mm lens produces almost no distortion at wide angle.
This shot is processed from a 14-bit RAW image. The exposure has been adjusted in post-processing to bring out the highlight details, and the image has been straightened and cropped, but no colour adjustments have been made. Click to see the full-size JPEG converted from the un-adjusted RAW file.
Score in detail
Image Quality 10
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.