- Page 1 Nikon D300 Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Nikon D300 Digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Nikon D300 Digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Nikon D300 Digital SLR Review
- Page 5 Features table Review
- Page 6 Test shots – ISO performance Review
- Page 7 Test shots – Detail and contrast Review
- Page 8 Test shots – Exposure evaluation Review
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image.”
Here’s my usual DSLR test shot of Sidmouth sea front. You can click on the image to view the full-res photo, or see the crop below. This shot was taken using the AF-S Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8 ED lens, and is processed from a 12-bit RAW shot using Photoshop CS3.
If you compare this with various 10MP DSLRs you’ll see there isn’t a a huge advantage to 12 megapixels. However a more telling comparison is to the Sony Alpha A700.
This was shot with the D-Lighting function turned off.
This was shot with the D-Lighting set to standard.
This was taken with the D-Lighting set to maximum. As you can see it has rescued a lot of shadow detail while maintaining the highlights.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.