- Page 1 Nikon D200 – Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Nikon D200 – Digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Nikon D200 – Digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Feature Table Review
- Page 5 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
In JPEG Fine mode, there is a certain softness to the final images, as this 600×600 crop of a 100% resolution image shows.
Converting a RAW file image in Photoshop with 50% sharpening produces far more detail and better contrast than the camera-processed JPEG.
In the normal colour optimisation mode, colours are slightly muted, and lack punch and contrast.
In vivid colour mode however the image is over-sharpened and the contrast and saturation are set way too high. The image looks over-processed and fake.
Score in detail
Image Quality 9
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.