- Page 1 Nikon D200 – Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Nikon D200 – Digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Nikon D200 – Digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Feature Table Review
- Page 5 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
Here’s the reason my review was rather late this week. I took the D200 on a canoeing expedition down the spectacular Gorge d’Ardeche in southern France, the largest river canyon in Europe.
The AF-S F2.8 17-55mm zoom, available as a kit with the D200 for around £2000, is an awesome if rather heavy and expensive lens. Even at 17mm the parallels in this shot are dead straight.
The D200 has a maximum shutter speed of 1/8000th of a second, but you’ll need either a very fast lens or a very bright light to use that sort of speed. With F2.8 and a speed of 1/2500th, you can freeze almost any action.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.