- Page 1 Nikon D200 – Digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Nikon D200 – Digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Nikon D200 – Digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Feature Table Review
- Page 5 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
Here’s the reason my review was rather late this week. I took the D200 on a canoeing expedition down the spectacular Gorge d’Ardeche in southern France, the largest river canyon in Europe.
The AF-S F2.8 17-55mm zoom, available as a kit with the D200 for around £2000, is an awesome if rather heavy and expensive lens. Even at 17mm the parallels in this shot are dead straight.
The D200 has a maximum shutter speed of 1/8000th of a second, but you’ll need either a very fast lens or a very bright light to use that sort of speed. With F2.8 and a speed of 1/2500th, you can freeze almost any action.