- Page 1 Nikon Coolpix S8000
- Page 2 Features and Design
- Page 3 Performance and Results
- Page 4 Features Table
- Page 5 Test Shots – ISO Perfomance
- Page 6 Test Shots – Detail And Lens Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Zoom, Contrast and Colour
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image. ”
Here’s the usual detail test shot of the West Window of Exeter Cathedral, for you to compare with other cameras. See below for a full res crop, or click to see the whole picture. File size 5.4MB.
The level of fine detail is good, but about average for a high-end 14MP camera.
The Nikon ED lens is very good, producing virtually no optical distortion at wide angle.
Centre sharpness is very good.
Corner sharpness is also very good, although there is a bit of chromatic aberration at the very edge of the frame.