- Page 1 Nikon Coolpix S10 Review
- Page 2 Nikon Coolpix S10 Review
- Page 3 Nikon Coolpix S10 Review
- Page 4 Feature Table Review
- Page 5 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
A range of test shots are shown over the next few pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality.
1/80th, f3.5, ISO 50
At the lowest ISO setting there is almost no visible noise and plenty of fine detail, but the image does look a bit over-sharpened.
1/130th, f4.0, ISO 100
At 100 ISO the image actually looks a bit better than the previous shot. There’s still no noise, and the sharpening seems a bit less severe.
1/270th, f4.0, ISO 200
At 200 ISO the noise reduction system has reduced the level of fine detail slightly and contrast is slightly reduced, but the image is still largely noise-free.
1/580th, f4.0, ISO 400
At 400 ISO more detail has been lost to noise reduction, and there is some colour distortion in the darker areas.
1/470th, f5.6, ISO 800
At the maximum ISO setting there is some image noise visible across the entire image, and contrast is greatly reduced, but overall the result isn’t too bad and would print out fairly well.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.