- Page 1 Nikon CoolPix 8800
- Page 2 Nikon CoolPix 8800
- Page 3 Nikon CoolPix 8800
- Page 4 Feature Table
- Page 5 Test Shots – Full Res Crops
- Page 6 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
A range of test shots are shown over the next few pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality. The following pages consist of resized images so that you can evaluate the overall exposure. For those with a dial-up connection, please be patient while the pages download.
Note: These ISO test shots were taken with noise reduction set to ‘off’ – its default setting, in order to preserve image quality at low ISO settings.
At the minimum sensitivity setting of 50 ISO there is no visible image noise. 1/5th sec at f4.7, with the camera on a tripod. I think I need a bigger tripod.
Already some image noise is visible in darker areas at 100 ISO, and a little fine detail has been lost. 1/10th sec at f4.7.
At 200 ISO there is quite a bit of image noise in all areas. 1/19th sec at f4.7.
At the maximum setting of 400 ISO there is a high level of noise across the entire image. 1/35th sec at f4.7.