- Page 1 Intel Core i7 870 & Core i5 750 Review
- Page 2 The Science Bit Review
- Page 3 Power Consumption Review
- Page 4 MP3 Encoding Review
- Page 5 Image Editing and File Compression Review
- Page 6 3D Rendering Review
- Page 7 Video Encoding Review
- Page 8 Gaming Review
- Page 9 Test Setup Review
- Page 10 The Motherboard Review
- Page 11 The Chips Review
- Page 12 The Science Bit cont. Review
- Page 13 Results Analysis, Overclocking & Verdict Review
”’Photoshop Batch Processing”’
For this test we run all the auto-adjustments available in Photoshop on a large collection of images and time how long it takes to complete. It’s an old test that isn’t multi-threaded but it is incredibly reliable at demonstrating differences in single-threaded performance.
”’WinRAR File Compression”’
Though zipping and unzipping files is a fairly quick and easy task, the frequency with which a heavy computer user has to do it means saving five seconds each time you unzip something is a real boon. We therefore feel it makes for an interesting test of system performance.
This test is split into two parts. The first times how long it takes to compress a large video file and the second records how long it takes to compress the folder of photos used in the above Photoshop test. We then repeat this test using the multithreaded version of WinRAR.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.