- Page 1 Intel Core i7 870 & Core i5 750 Review
- Page 2 The Science Bit Review
- Page 3 Power Consumption Review
- Page 4 MP3 Encoding Review
- Page 5 Image Editing and File Compression Review
- Page 6 3D Rendering Review
- Page 7 Video Encoding Review
- Page 8 Gaming Review
- Page 9 Test Setup Review
- Page 10 The Motherboard Review
- Page 11 The Chips Review
- Page 12 The Science Bit cont. Review
- Page 13 Results Analysis, Overclocking & Verdict Review
While many people will associate 3D performance with a graphics card, for CAD applications a lot of the grunt work is still performed on CPUs so this is something we’ve put to the test. We use two industry standard tests, called POV-Ray and Cinebench. Both programs can be freely downloaded and the benchmark begins with just a single click so they’re a really easy comparison tool if you fancy seeing how your system shapes up.
Cinebench has both a single-threaded and multi-threaded test while POV-Ray is just multi-threaded. Slightly disappointingly, Cinebench only returns a score, rather than a time to completion, so the numbers in isolation don’t really mean anything. However, when compared they adequately show up any difference in performance.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.