- Page 1 Fujifilm FinePix S100FS Review
- Page 2 Fujifilm FinePix S100FS Review
- Page 3 Fujifilm FinePix S100FS Review
- Page 4 Fujifilm FinePix S100FS Review
- Page 5 Features table Review
- Page 6 Test shots – ISO performance Review
- Page 7 Test shots – Detail and lens perfomance Review
- Page 8 Test shots – Exposure evaluation Review
”Here are some general test shots to help evaluate the camera’s overall image quality, including the zoom range of the lens. Some pictures may be clicked to download the full size original image.”
The wide angle end of the zoom is equivalent to 28mm, good for getting lots into the frame.
The telephoto end is equivalent to 400mm, great for close-ups of distant details.
This was taken with 100% dynamic range…
….while this is the same scene at 400% dynamic range. There is a slight improvement in both shadow and highlight detail.
This was taken using the default Provia film simulation setting.
This is the same scene shot using the Velvia simulation setting. The colours are slightly more saturated, and contrast is higher.
Velvia simulation is nice for shots of nature.
Closest macro range is just 1cm.
The Transat single-handed trans-Atlantic race started from Plymouth on Sunday. These are some of the competitors. The long manual zoom is great for accurate framing.
Score in detail
Image Quality 9
Build Quality 9
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.