- Page 1 Fujifilm FinePix S100FS Review
- Page 2 Fujifilm FinePix S100FS Review
- Page 3 Fujifilm FinePix S100FS Review
- Page 4 Fujifilm FinePix S100FS Review
- Page 5 Features table Review
- Page 6 Test shots – ISO performance Review
- Page 7 Test shots – Detail and lens perfomance Review
- Page 8 Test shots – Exposure evaluation Review
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image.”
Here’s the usual detail test shot of the West Window of Exeter Cathedral, for you to compare with other cameras. See below for a full res crop, or click to see the whole picture.
The level of fine detail is excellent, with good contrast and sharpness.
Since the S100FS is sold as an alternative to an SLR, here’s the usual SLR test shot of Sidmouth seafront.
The lens produces some barrel distortion at wide angle, which is to be expected.
A more worrying problem is the significant chromatic aberration towards the edges of the frame.