- Page 1 Epson R-D1 – Digital Rangefinder Camera Review
- Page 2 Epson R-D1 Review
- Page 3 Epson R-D1 Review
- Page 4 Feature Table Review
- Page 5 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
A range of test shots are shown over the next three pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality. The following pages consist of resized images so that you can evaluate the overall exposure. For those with a dial-up connection, please be patient while the pages download.
Taken indoors at 200 ISO using tungsten light and white balance. There is no noise at this setting, although there are numerous dust spots and a few dead pixels.
At 400ISO the image is still largely noise-free, although not quite as smooth as the previous shot.
At 800 ISO there is a small amount of colour noise across the whole frame, but the image is still sharp and has good contrast.
At the highest setting of 1600 ISO there is a moderate level of noise across the whole image, and contrast is reduced, but on the whole it is still good.