- Page 1 Casio Exilim EX-S12
- Page 2 Casio Exilim EX-S12
- Page 3 Casio Exilim EX-S12
- Page 4 Features Table
- Page 5 Test Shots – ISO Performance
- Page 6 Test Shots – Detail and Lens Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image. ”
Here’s the usual detail test shot of the West Window of Exeter Cathedral, for you to compare with other cameras. See below for a full res crop, or click to see the whole picture.
The lens just isn’t up to the resolution of the 12MP sensor, and the result is a loss of fine detail.
The lens also produces barrel distortion at wide angle.
Centre sharpness isn’t too good….
…and the corners are very blurred with visible chromatic aberration.