- Page 1 Canon PowerShot S3 IS Review
- Page 2 Canon PowerShot S3 IS Review
- Page 3 Canon PowerShot S3 IS Review
- Page 4 Feature Table Review
- Page 5 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Res Crops Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
This page consists of resized images so that you can evaluate the overall exposure.
The S3’s lens has a wide end equivalent to 36mm, not really wide enough for panoramas, but not too bad.
This is taken from the same spot as the wide-angle shot, and shows the remarkable power of the 12x zoom lens. The telephoto end is equivalent to 432mm. Note also that this was shot hand-held at 1/60th of a second. That IS system really works.
The lens produces very little wide-angle barrel distortion.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.